DNDi with Siriraj Mahidol have signed an MOU to collaborate on dengue. For DNDi it is a new area, first because we are including dengue in our disease's portfolio but also because the focus will be on working more closely with the global south. The MOU with Siriraj on dengue is the expression of this ambition that is in our business plan. The week’s activities will coincide with PMAC and the PMA for which our Executive Director Dr Bernard Pecoul who was awarded this prestigious title in 2020
- To announce the new DNDi Strategic Plan 2021-2028 in the SEA region.
- Encouraging the acceleration of R&D and deliver dengue therapeutics for neglected patients, through an inclusive partnership of endemic countries.
- To support the critical role of the global south leadership and sustainable partnerships in the fight against neglected diseases.
- To establish awareness and support for innovation and access to new treatments for neglected diseases in LMICs.
- Scaling up DNDi’s global south engagement and meaningful partnerships to address the fatal imbalance in R&D.
- Show of appreciation of our valuable partnerships in Thailand and SEA.
- Support South-South led R&D movement - A different model and approach needed to harness LMIC expertise and leadership.